Sew Beautiful is a bimonthly magazine that celebrates the art of vintage-inspired sewing by hand and machine. Each issue features construction articles, pictorials, designs, patterns and a myriad of ideas often borrowed from heirloom or antique clothing. Sew Beautiful’s mission is to provide instruction and creativity to sewists of all skill levels and to merge classic sewing tradition with the latest in sewing innovation.
Within the pages of our latest issue, coming in July 2012, look for:
- Fabulous new children’s patterns from boutique lines including Juvie Moon and Lindsay Wilkes, better known as The Cottage Mama.
- Three, easy no-pattern sundresses to make in this season’s hot floral prints, plus multi-sized patterns for a smocked sailor top and matching pedal pushers.
- A vintage-chic take on Sarai Mitnick’s popular “Meringue Skirt” from her Colette Sewing Handbook.
- Unique ways to embellish your summer sewing from steam shrinking a bodice to lending fruit-shaped, embroidered bullions and felt details to a toddler dress.
- Creative ideas, clever techniques and heirloom-inspired designs that will fill your summer with sewing.
Shop for the products to complete the projects featured in this issue >